How does your fellowship with persecuted believers affect the way you think of thankfulness?
Voice of the Martyrs twitter
Sometimes I walk into the commons and find that the girls on my hall have made a giant fort.
For the filling: (makes two pies)
- peel and cut up apples, about ten small-medium sized (preferably Rome apples)
- pour one cup of sugar over the apples
- add ¾ cup flour (depending on the juiciness of the apples)
- around 1 Tbsp. cinnamon (to taste)
- about ¼ tsp. grated fresh nutmeg (to smell)
- about ¼-½ tsp salt
- stir with a wooden spoon.
For the crust: (makes one crust)
- fill mug with ice and water
- in a large bowl, add one cup plus 2 Tbsp. white flour
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- whisk together and create a well in the center
- pour in 1/3 cup of oil and mix
- add 1 Tbsp. cold water
- if gooey, add more flour (about ¼ cup), it should be kind of dry
- Get two pieces of wax paper and roll the dough between them. Peel off one side, then flip and do the other. Peel off one side and lay crust over pie pan. Repeat to get top crust.
Bake at 375 for about 40 minutes.
Got to spend the afternoon at Local Juice drinking some pumpkin kombucha with this wise and beautiful lady.
This is what we do when I get a box of Warby Parkers.
I have the weirdest roommates.